Who We Are
In 1948 Mrs. F.M. (Buck) Richards made a gift of funds and land to erect a public library in McCulloch County as a memorial to her husband. The building was constructed under the guidance of a board of trustees and then turned over to the City of Brady and McCulloch County. The county is the governing body. Funding for operations and maintenance are provided by McCulloch County.
The Richards Memorial Library Advisory Board, the Library Association and interested individuals within the community work to raise funds, support the professional staff and provide many hours of volunteer help.
The library is also supported through private donations, generous gifts from the G. R. White Trust, and State grants.
The Library is a member of Connecting Texas Libraries Statewide and is accredited by the Texas State Library & Archives Commission.